Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Got My Quarter Back

Years and years AND years ago, I went camping on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. One of the things I brought back was a 1945 Quarter that I found in the woods...

1945 Washington Quarter

The quarter languished in my keepsakes box for twenty years, and recently I gave it to someone as a token of my affection. Among other things. Well, I'm happy to report that the quarter was returned during the short-lived relationship, whereas all of the expensive stuff was kept, or more often, conveniently "lost." I'm OK with that, that's why I'm putting up this post. 

I woke this morning to a realization. I got worked over in that deal, played like a fiddle, and tossed like a Twinkie wrapper. Maybe it had been in the back of my mind, but the upside here is that I'm far past mad, sad, you know, the five stages. 

In fact, I'm feeling a little proud. I got played like a fiddle, and I don't have much room in my soul for beating myself up anymore. So, good on ya, baby bird, ya done good. I don't know how it equates to personal happiness for  you, But I played the game,  and when it was over I got my quarter back. Yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment